Wednesday, September 22, 2010

High Intensity Workout (HIT) Max Pyramid Protocol 9/16/10

Not sure what best way to record the progress but I think I have some system down as how to record my progress when doing the Max Pyramid HIT. As of now this is how I will record it: (lowest weight-highest weight)/(contractions or “reps”)/(TUL, which I believe is 20 seconds for each contraction/rep)

Pulldown: 125-185/9/3:00
Overhead Press: 95/155/9/3:00
Leg Press: 160-240/9/3:00
Forearm grab: 16-78 L=9/3:00 R=9/3:00
Bicep curl: 45-85/9/3:00
Weighted crunch: 0-45/9/3:00
Tricep extension: 40-60/5/1:40

This is my first time trying the Max Pyramid High Intensity Protocol. I read about it on here: http://www.bodybyscience.net/home.html/?page_id=798. I have to say it was one of the best workouts I’ve done in a long time, possibly ever. Weighted Crunch I think would have been better if done on a machine, last time I tried on a machine though, just couldn’t get it to work properly. Tricep extension has lowest reps/contractions because of doing it last, and was done after I had already done pulldown and overhead press. This workout was done over two days as well, the big three (overhead press, pulldown and leg press) and tricep extension on one day and the other three done four days later. Due to schedule changes at work it will be some time until I can do other exercises but I plan on doing chest press, seated row and standing calf raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment